The Historical Society of Pennsylvania was built in 1824. The century-old, brick and marble building in Midtown Village houses approximately 560,000 printed books and 19 million manuscript items, including William Penn’s archives.
The façade repairs included removal and replacement of deteriorated brick mortar. Removal and replacement of building sealant joints, building cleaning and installation of elastomeric wall coating system to the building. The copper metal cornice roofing materials were removed, copper repairs were completed and a 15 year liquid applied coating system was installed to the cornice.